Effective training starts with clearly defined goals.
When you attend a Training Clinic (officially called Field Trials in NY State) our Training Director Barbara Koskos will appropriately place you in the group that she believes will most-effectively facilitate your progress.
“I want to see what happens when…” is not a clearly defined goal. If you’re new, or not sure what to say – that’s okay! Here are some primers for each level of your training:
Totally New / Natural Ability
- First bird exposure
- First water exposure
- Improving swimming confidence
- Introducing / improving steadiness (aka staying still)
- Exposure to gunfire
Intermediate / UPT / UT
- Introduction to ducks
- Improving steadiness
- Dog is not steady to flush, wing, shot, fall, etc.
- Specific UT activity (e.g. training steady by the blind)
- You probably know what you need to work on at this point. If not, let’s talk.